2010-06-16

MINTY, MINT MINT MINT!!!!!

I started out wanting a mint garden.  I wanted it in an area of lawn where I didn't care if the mint took over, which I know it will.  My friend, when she bought her house, had stepped out the door on a cold March evening and smelled mint.  There growing outside of her door was a ton of mint.  I remember her being so excited about it and since then, I wanted a patch too.  I thought I found that place but quickly realized I didn't think it got enough sun.  So I put the mint I had purchased aside (all seven kinds) until I could figure out a new spot.
 
The mint sat there for several weeks, until I gave up sometime last week and put them in a container garden out in the front of my house.  Although they look good, I was hoping for mint everywhere!  I LOVE mint (if you couldn't tell).  Hopefully soon, I'll find that perfect spot.  Until then, I'll have to enjoy them in their containers.  I do think I am going to fertilize and then hopefully get them into the ground so, sometime in March I can step outside and smell the mint.

No comments: