2010-06-01

Bites.

So MDM is over. I skipped out on the last two days..... instead choosing to do indoor projects. Things that needed to be done but weren't "outside" jobs. I've since gotten over the novelty of OUTSIDE all the time.

The one thing, though, that has been quite the downer is this year the bugs seem to be in overload mode. I have bites from head to toe. In fact, this morning, I went out to check on my plants, which we'll get to in a moment, and within 2 minutes, literally, of being out there I had a welt on my shoulder. That infamous itchy sensation started to set in followed by the area of redness and my irresisitable urge to SCRATCH!

I keep asking hubby dearest to add a bat box to our garage. They eat the mosquitos and keep the other populations of bugs way down. He is a paranoid person and says they have rabies. I may add one and see if he notices.

The other issue are with my plants. Something is eating them. It isn't pretty. I started out with so many tomato plants I thought I was gonna be canning until the cows come home. Only to find out, I'll be lucky if two survive. All four of the Eggplants I've planted are dead or dying. Two are gone the other two are looking like swiss cheese. Then there are the hot pepper plants. I had a ton of these too. I am down to maybe 2 or 3, if that.

I cried on the phone with my mom this morning. I told her that maybe I wasn't meant to be a gardener. I've tried for three years and all three years I've gotten SHIT out of the garden. OK, so that isn't true. A few years back I ended up getting a TON of tomatoes..... I canned them. But aside from that one crop that one year, I've got NOTHING! Enough on my rant. I think I'll go eat some worms :(

No comments: