2011-04-20

Spring Show

I hadn't noticed until someone mentioned we have had a VERY wet spring here in Pittsburgh.  Now it is all I think about as I prepare my day.  Today started out wet but warm.  It is slowly getting cold again and the wind is whipping so hard against my windows that at times I'm afraid they are going to break.

Before we get dumped on again, I decided to run out and document my Spring Show.  After all this is my favorite growing season of the year.  Mostly because we've just come off of a cold, snowy winter and here Mother Nature is promising us that the weather is changing, even if it is really slow going.

These pictures are probably some of my worst pictures, but it's cold and the wind is the devil.  I hope to post more soon.

Sage is coming back!

All of my Daffodils are droopy.  I think it is due to the crazy weather we've been having.

I used SCRAM to keep the deer away from my Tulips. So far so good!

Hyacinth.

Lillies!

Not sure what this is, but it makes a semi circle of growth.

I must have planted this last year, but have no clue what it is.

I believe this is a Hosta. 

I think this is either a Black Eyed Susan or Echinacea.

Never planted these that I know of but they come up each year.

Aren't they pretty?

My transplanted Day Lillies from last year are coming up!

Even though the deer ate the buds, the blueberries are hanging on!

Blueberry #2

Forsythia tumbling into my yard from the neighbor's yard.  Isn't she GRAND?!?

1 comment:

Adam said...

The little purple ones are called grape hyacinth.