2011-04-27

The Grass is Definitely...... Purple and Yellow

I was driving home today and as I turned onto my street, I noticed my neighbor's lawn wasn't just green but also purple and yellow.  I had seen the little purple flowers in my yard, but never really stepped back to see it from a far.  It looked beautiful.  Where is the yellow from?  Dandelions of course.



When I first started this blog, I was looking for ways to get rid of dandelions.  That was before I friended bee keepers.  It seems dandelions as well as other early blooming flowers help the bees feed after a long winter.  And here we were trying to get rid of them.  At least the hub was and is always trying to get rid of them.  The dandelions greens are good for you and good for helping with digestion.  The root is a good liver detoxifier and tastes best when they are roasted first.  I don't know what all the fuss is about.  Sure hub wants a lush green lawn, but it's prettier with a little purple and yellow thrown in.

No comments: