2011-04-28

Herbs and Ferns and Plants

Yesterday I cleaned out my herb garden.  It is right in front of my house and was such an eyesore from the plants wintering.  I may have made a few mistakes as I turned over the dirt and found the plant markers from last year.  I had purchased all perennial herbs but hadn't realized this as I over turned the dirt.  I salvaged several of the plants and I'm hoping some of the smaller portions I found with roots will grow.  I need to go back to the garden center for more plants... DH is going to LOVE that!

Two years ago and then last year I bought ferns to place into the woodland gardens.  I successfully killed at least two of the 5, however, today from the window in the basement, I saw the one on the right.  How excited was I that they were coming back.  


 Lastly, this plant is killing me.  I bought it last year and I swear it had a name like Uncle Joes, or something of that sort.  It is a Pennsylvania Woodland Plant, or so I think.  It now has cute little white berries or maybe they are white flowers.  In any case, I planted it late in the summer and am DYING to know what it is.  I guess I should have taken pictures and posted them on this blog.  Noted for future reference.

1 comment:

Chris Collins said...

Pretty sure that last flower is Solomon's Seal