2010-05-25

Gearing Up For The Marathon!

Every year over Memorial Day, hubby and I spend the entire weekend doing house projects. Now I know everyone does house projects over Memorial Day but ours are always extremely colorful. It starts out with us having a goal. And then we bicker and fight until the last moments of the weekend. Usually the bickering happens because we are two different types of people. He is the "if I am not using it now, it goes" type of person and I am the "I have an idea that includes that so let's put it away until I get to it" type of person. Both personality types have their pros and cons, however each time this weekend rolls around, I get both excited to get stuff accomplished and anxious at the amount of fighting that will occur.

This week, I've decided to spend a good amount of time in my yard, which needs some major work. I'm moving plants around, planting my garden, hitting the garden center where I spend too much money, etc. I feel like I am gearing up for the marathon. The marathon of back breaking work that results in a nice looking yard..... at least for a week or so.

I've got a lot planned, as usual, for this yard. I guess we'll see what we have time for and what gets put on the back burner for yet another few weeks or in all likely hood, next year.

Happy Gardening!

No comments: