2009-01-04

Turning over a new leaf in 2009

Happy New Year to all! It's 2009 and time to turn over a new leaf. As promised, I will be blogging on a weekly basis...... Although I am sure my readership is nill at this moment! And So It Goes!

This time of year my holly bushes are blooming quite nicely. I will be taking pictures of them soon and will post them. They look so festive, but are in very inconspicuous places in the yard. The crappy ivy kind of hides them under it's creepy crawly vines but when you get to the meat of the plant you see the cute little red round berries juxtaposed against the pointy dark green leaves. Such an awesome looking plant!!!

Aside from that plant though, my yard is sleeping until the spring when, hopefully, my 100's of red tulips, yellow daffodils and purple, yellow and cream crocuses emerge but not forgetting my beautiful purple irises.

I have also been searching for books about flowers and plants that grow in PA. Today I found two at Barnes and Noble, but didn't buy them. I am going to check them out of my library to see if they are worthy enough to purchase. This lady needs all of the knowledge she can find!!! If anyone reads this blog and has suggestions on good books to have, please let me know!!!

Till next post, Stay Green!

No comments: