2009-01-20

SNOW SNOW EVERYWHERE!!



Since winter can be a slow on the news of gardening, I figured this week, I'll post about the snow. IT IS EVERYWHERE AND A LOT OF IT! We received somewhere in the neighborhood of about

a foot and a half. Up north, just literally 45 minutes to an hour north, my friend has received over 3 feet and further north than her, even more. So strange how weather works.

In the meantime, I was able to get out with the kids to sled ride and build a snowman. The mercury in the thermometer finally moved from -22 up to 30 degrees. Perfect weather for playing in the snow. Now, no one should be surprised when I say, "I hate winter". It used to be my favorite season, but as I am aging, I find it less and less appealing. It could also be that I
went from being hot all the time to freezing even in summer...... so at-22 degrees, I feel like it is even colder yet. I do LOVE the first snowfall and really most snowfalls as long as I don't have to go out in it. I like the deafening quiet that happens during a big snow, before the trucks get out to salt. The snow on the branches and plants is beautiful, before the wind kicks up. But before long it becomes a slushy, dirty mess..... and it is cold to boot. So while I enjoyed my time in the snow, I AM looking forward to spring and even more towards summer!!!

No comments: