2009-01-12

The Snow is Falling.....

and I am nestled up in my house, reading gardening books. I am longing to put my hands back into the dirt and try for yet another summer to grow stuff. Recently, I found a great website where one can order Heirloom tomatoes and really almost any type of tomato that is out there. The website is http://www.tomatofest.com/ . They also have many varieties of organic tomatoes!!! I am so excited to plan my garden and get started seeding this spring!!!!

I checked some books out of the library and was breezing thru them to see what I could possibly grow in the shaded part of my yard. You know, where I did the patio and thought had partial sun, to find out once everything grew in that it is pretty much full shade. It receives sun only as the sun is setting. So I am looking for flowering plants that thrive in shade and survive the Pittsburgh winters. Not many out there!!! But while looking for them, I found "snow drops". I think I need to get my hands on some of them...... They bloom in January or February, I think, and they sound perfect for me as the blues of the winter set in!!! Flowers blooming always make me smile..... especially if I planted them!!!!

No comments: