2008-05-09

A Polygamist Colony of Dandelions

So all through my yard are dandelions....... and not the cute yellow kind either..... Most have puffed and then blown their seeds all over God's creation leaving the ugly sticks with bald heads. I thought, no problem, I'll mow the lawn and mow the suckers over. (in the eeyore voice ) Didn't really work..... so I kept running over them with the mower..... back and forth like a sweeper. It worked on some, but others required me to strategically hold the mower handle in while I bent over to yank them out of the ground. Of course not the plant, just the ugly sticks with the bald heads. I think once we get rain again, I am going to look out onto the lawn and discover the colony will have set up shop again!!!! My friend's Aunt Lou mentioned some corn something or other that you put on your lawn in the fall. It is organic and will not allow the "pee to beds" as the Girty clan calls them, to re-grow. As soon as I know the name I'll post it..... until next year, I guess I'll be mowing these stupid things over and over!!!!

No comments: