2008-05-26

The black thumb is BACK!!!

So when I cleaned out what was going to be my cutting garden, until all the trees grew in and blocked EVERY bit of light from the area, I decided to put in some nice flowers and a little patio. I envisioned some really nice little metal chairs and a table for that area and enough flowers that when you sit in there you feel like you are amidst a beautiful flowery garden. I went out and bought a popcorn verburnum, amongst other things....... Well the verburnum is dying...... all droopy and sad looking. So now I have to find a place to transplant it to before it completes it's decline. I am starting to wonder if I will EVER get good at this gardening thing. One of my columbine plants is looking meek too. The other two are thriving quite nicely next to that one..... in that instance, I am thinking I received a BAD plant...... is there such a thing???

Anyway, my patio looks GREAT, at least to me. I reused some red bricks from my father in law's neighbor, so they were free to me. I made a very organic looking patio as none of the lines match up, no bricks are similar, and the steps to reach the patio are made from bricks that are mortared together and surrounded by moss. I plan on attempting to grow something stepable all over the whole patio. I am hoping to find some chairs for my patio on the big 100 mile yardsale. I also have to find some pretty flowers to replace my verburnum AND I have to find a place for the verburnum!!!

No comments: