2010-07-12

The Secret Garden

Since moving into this house, I've attempted to turn the front area into something of a hidden treasure.  A few years back I made a patio from reclaimed bricks. I planted and killed a large amount of plants but finally I've had success in a few of the rogue plants returning.  My thought for that area is that I want it to look like a treasure that someone stumbles upon..... a secret patio in the woods somewhere.  Yesterday, I finally took another step in achieving this.

Connected to this area is a war zone of about 5 foot by 12 foot.  It had some remaining ivy and the left over bricks from the patio and a few weeds.  I pulled out the ivy, moved the bricks and hit the nursery center.  Too much money later, I returned with the goods. 

At this point, I'm hoping that my secret garden grows in to what I envision in my head.  The husband is having heart failure at the amount of money I spent and truthfully I am feeling a bit bad myself.... only because of my track record.   I love the way the plants look and once they take over and fill the space, I'm going to be very happy.  Especially because everything I bought is a perennial.  My musings include not only the secret garden but a low maintenance garden too.  One I can just enjoy but not be tied to every waking moment. 

No comments: