2010-04-01

We're Having "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" Weather!

This past week has been continually warming up. Beginning of the week we were in the low 50's however this weekend coming up, the temps are slated to rise to 80 degrees, IN PITTSBURGH!! Weather like this is unheard of this time of year around here. To take advantage, I have a variety of plans for my time.

First, I am going to FINALLY start my tomatos, hot peppers, some herbs, etc.

Second, my dear husband bought us a cedar (I believe) raised bed garden. The corners have been cut to mortise and tendon. For the price, which included shipping, my husband who is a woodworker himself, said he couldn't buy the wood for that price. We plan on putting this thing together, filling it with our "Mel's Mix" and sectioning off our squares.

Third, I would like to finish ripping out the pesky ivy. I know this has been a several year process, but literally this stuff is insane! Just when I think I get it all, it rears it's head. Maybe I am not that bad of a gardener, if I haven't killed this yet.

With the prospects of Matt leaving for a few months for work, I am tempted to tackle a project that he is against. Mostly because when he gets back and sees it, he'll like it but convincing him to take the plunge is always the worst part of our relationship. I guess if time allows, I may attempt something. Until then, I need to keep my nose to the grind and get my garden up and running for this year!!!

No comments: