2008-08-09

Delayed Growth???


I took a walk around my yard the other day. I was reflecting on the growth of my plants and realized that I think all of my plants are delayed in their growth. Take for instance the Dahlia's I planted in early summer. They are just starting to flower. And really this is the only full flower I have. Many buds but this is the only one flowering.


I also have an eggplant given to me by my neighbor. It has just one eggplant on it. Many buds but only one eggplant as of yet. I saw a honeybee in there today buzzing around doing his job. Fascinating creatures they are. I sure hope someone figures out what is going on with them.











I also have a few cabbages. Two to be exact. But I think the Japanese Beetles ate all of the leaves. I am hoping that they feasted on the outer leaves but left the inners for me!!!




I am looking forward to harvesting my 1 gazillion tomatoes..... but will discuss that on a further post. For now, I am off to listen to the beautiful sound of the cicadas in August!!!

No comments: