2012-04-24

Sometimes Procrastination is Good

Back in the 10th grade I had a teacher, Mrs. Weber, who triumphantly told my class that, "Procrastination is the thief of time.".  While that statement has haunted me many a times as I pulled all nighters or late nighters before a big test, event, etc there is one time that she was wrong.  Yesterday.

We've had a warm winter and a warm spring.  Many days of 80 degrees followed by colder days of 60 or so.  None of which are too cold for most plants.  I was planning on planting my tomatoes, peppers and the like early this year thinking I would be in the clear.  However, Sunday into Monday parts of PA got blasted with snow and not just a little, but a LOT!  We were forecasted to get 6 inches and we got zero, but the air was cold and the rain was sleety.

Since I procrastinated putting my seeds to dirt, I never did get to plant early as I wanted.  But you see here is where I win because by procrastinating, I saved time and money!  I saved money by not having to buy more seeds or plants and time by not having to redo my garden.  So take that Mrs. Weber!  Us procrastinators aren't always wrong!

No comments: