2009-04-18

Bye Bye Ivy

So my quest to lose all of the ivy around the foundation of my house started last year. I pulled a decent sized patch of it to build a patio of bricks. This was met by much protest by dear husband (dh). He said he liked it and didn't want it to go. However, ivy just was not fitting into my plan for a cute cottage garden. I like ivy but not where it was planted and not for what it was being purposed. SO, today as we were spreading the free chips we got from our fallen princess, I decided to pull another patch of ivy. It is the stuff that led up the walkway to the front door. Of course, dh threw a fit again and said he would not help with the extraction. To my surprise, pulling it out this year was MUCH easier than last. We were able to add chips and I think it looks FABULOUS! I guess you all can be the deciding factor on this one.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I agree with your husband.